The film was made outside of Iqaluit, Nunavut's capital city -- only about a 30-minute skidoo ride away, though the place looks as remote as anyplace could possibly be. So watch, and enjoy the film -- this article from the CBC offers a little more background. And, if horror is to your liking, you might also want to check out a similar feature-length offering, Nyla Innuksuk's 2022 film Slash/Back. It's set in Pangnirtung (known to the locals as just "Pang"), where a group of teenage Inuit girls encounters space aliens shaped like worms who devour people from the inside and then wear their skins as a disguise. As I said when I first heard of the film, "Aliens vs. Inuit teenagers -- my money's on the teenagers!" It's available from Apple TV and other streaming services. (as a sidenote, Innuksuk was a co-producer of Kajutaijuq)
NOTE: I'm posting this to give some background on the film, since weren't able to have an in-person class this week -- no response is required, but you can certainly comment if you like!

No comments:
Post a Comment